What benefits do concept tests offer?
The concept test allows us to test a product idea in advance and then provide you with suggestions for optimizing the concept based on an analysis of the collected data.
Based on our specific recommendation, you will be able to make an easier decision on whether and what changes to the concept may be useful. In addition, you gain an initial impression of how the concept may be accepted by a potential target audience. Your advantage is the opportunity to launch the concept with a greater level of marketability. In addition, you save time and money, since you can already revise and improve the concept during the planning phase.
We provide you with answers in the following areas:
- what are the best ways to optimize your concept,
- if and where you will be able to save costs in the concept, and
- whether there is a sufficient customer interest for your product, service, or brand.
How does a concept test work?
The aim of the concept tests is to combine findings related to potential consumer preferences into a concept or several concepts. The timing of when a concept should be tested is, however, open. It may be implemented at a very early stage, which has the advantage of providing information on whether the presented idea arouses consumer interest at all, or it can be used at a later stage in the concept development, i.e., the customer can be presented with several more advanced concept alternatives. The idea is to identify the concept that has the highest level of acceptance among potential customers.
The concept test procedure is always similar, regardless of the concept:
- A single concept or several concepts are individually presented to a group of participants. Attention is paid to ensure that the participants roughly correspond to the characteristics of the target group so that the results are conclusive and applicable.
- The test phase is followed by the evaluation of the collected data, such as the advantages and disadvantages of the concept, suggestions for improvement or even the extent of acceptance. The evaluation looks at the overall concept as well as individual facets of the concept.
- The results are then summarized and recommendations for the respective concept are drawn up. These may be suggestions to optimize the concept, ranging anywhere from the complete acceptance of the concept to a rejection of the overall concept.